Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Artist Statement, Resume, and Art

Here is a link to my personal blog!


I am a person who is interested in knowing a little bit more about everything as long as I deem it to be within reason. Having said that I was unable to decide on a major for sometime with sincere interest in every subject I can think of. Finally though I settled on art as it became clear to me that I could not only show others what I learned and thought was interesting, but grapple with my emotions and life experience, while hopefully benefitting those around me through my work.


Brockton Bensch


Education


Bachelors of Arts – 2012 – Studio Art Central Washington    University
Associate of Arts – 2010 – Transfer Degree Tacoma Community College

Solo Exhibitions

2012 (May) Solo Show at University Way Starbucks Ellensburg, WA

Group Exhibitions

2012  (June) Starbucks Art Walk
2012 CWU Student and Alumni Art Show
2012 Annual Student Juried Art Exhibition, Sarah Spurgeon Gallery, Ellensburg, WA
2011 Annual Student Juried Art Exhibition, Sarah Spurgeon Gallery, Ellensburg, WA





Ecosystems: A series on interconnectedness.
Baby or Bust: An unlikely award and commentary on spontaneous combustion and flame retardant clothing; mixed media






Untitled: An alabaster stone carving

No comments:

Post a Comment