Thursday, May 24, 2012

Revised Statement with Images












As a graduating B.F.A. Studio art major, I am still finding my own place within the art community. I do not have a grand artistic scheme; however; I have my own style an undercurrent of gritty color, which is prevalent in my work across mediums, as well as a fondness for geometric shapes.

W o r k, a simple four letter word, yet it marks the summation of five years of professionally learning and improving. Though I enjoy it all, Photography, Drawing, Painting, Illustration, Graphic design, my real passion is Web design.  I love the fusion of the technical code and design and it challenges me to make work that works on a fundamental level as well as an ever developing technological and graphical level. I have dabbled in web design since 2002 and have enjoyed watching the field expand and develop as I have over the past decade. Right now, I am finishing my minor in Web design and management and I know that what I have learned will be outdated if I don’t keep up with the ever advancing technologies. This presents a challenge that will keep me interested over the years to come. Personally, the act of creating art is driven by my desire to make people appreciate good design a little more, even if they do not understand why.

No comments:

Post a Comment